Letter from our Scholarship Chairperson:
The Construction Roundtable of New Jersey will be holding its Annual Scholarship Fundraiser Dinner on Wednesday, May 14, 2014. This event will take place at Johnson & Johnson World Headquarters in New Brunswick. Once again, we are counting on your support in raising funds which will benefit students planning to continue their studies at a four-year institution in New Jersey entering in construction-related fields including Engineering, Design, Architecture or Construction Management.
Last year was another outstanding year for the Scholarship Fund. Among the fundraiser dinner, individual donations and golf outing, we raised sufficient funds to award six two-year scholarships of $2,500.00 per year.
We have an interesting and exciting evening planned which we think you will enjoy beginning with our open-bar cocktail hour allowing plenty of time to network with colleagues, both owner and associate members. If you’ve been to our dinner before, we’re sure you’ll remember how pleasant and worthwhile this time spent is. Once again, we have an exciting and informative Keynote Speaker. The evening will be topped off with a student speaker who invariably provides a poignant description of how much the scholarship has helped them achieve their educational goals.
We value your support and you may provide it in several ways:
- "Buy" a Table of 8 for the Scholarship Fundraiser Dinner
- Attend the Scholarship Fundraiser Dinner
- Make a Sponsorship Donation
- Make a Donation at any Level
We look forward to seeing you and your spouses, friends and guests on May 14th. However, if you are unable to attend, we hope you will still show your support by giving a donation. We have attached registration and donation forms.
We know these are difficult economic times (especially for our students), but the cause is an important one that gives us all an opportunity to give back to our community and promote the growth of our industry and help provide our industry’s future leaders.
Thank you in advance for your support.
Michael A. Insetta, Merck
Chairman, Construction Roundtable of NJ
Michael N. Posner, Middough
Chairman, Scholarship Committee
Awards are available to students enrolled in a New Jersey County or Community College or other college who have been accepted at, and are planning to attend, a New Jersey four-year college or university and will be enrolled as a first semester junior standing (equivalent credit hours). Applicants must be studying a construction-related field (i.e. engineering, architecture, construction management and/or design, etc.)
To be considered for a Construction Roundtable of New Jersey Scholarship, a student must have their application received by deadline date and meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled at a New Jersey County or Community College or other college and accepted as a first semester junior standing or equivalent credit hours in a New Jersey four-year college or university.
- Pursuing a degree in a construction-related field (engineering, architecture, construction management and/or design).
- Possess a minimum of 3.0 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student.
- Be interested in pursuing a career in the construction industry.
- Be a U.S citizen or eligible to work in the U.S.
NOTE: Scholarship recipients will be required to submit progress reports at the end of each academic year.
Funds supporting this effort have come from the following sources:
- Corporate Contributions
- Fundraising Events Spring Fundraiser Event Annual Golf Outing Trade Associations
- Individual Contributions
In 2006, the CRTNJ, through the continued support of sponsors and individual contributions, awarded seven-two year scholarships of $2,500 each to a diversified group of scholars that excelled in their academic work.
The CRT has formed a scholarship committee of owner and associate members. The Chairman of the committee is responsible for working with the New Jersey Institute of Technology, administrator of the scholarship program. The committee is responsible for screening scholarship applications, evaluating applicants and selecting recipients.
The criteria that the committee evaluates includes:
- Cumulative Grade Point Average
- Academic Achievements (Awards, certificates of achievement etc.)
- Applicant's Statement
- Letter of Reference from faculty member
- Official community college transcript through most recently completed semester
- Employment history
Michael Posner CRTNJ Scholarship Chairperson
Date: December 12th
Location: Raritan Valley Country Club
747 State Route 28
Bridhewater, NJ 08807